Understanding and dealing with manipulative people
Dr. George Simon knows how people push your buttons. Your children—especially teens—are expert at it, as is your mate. A co-worker may quietly undermine your efforts while professing to be helpful, or your boss may prey on your weaknesses. Manipulative people have two goals: to win and to look good doing it. Often those they abuse are only vaguely aware of what is happening to them. In this eye-opening book, you’ll discover. . .
• 4 reasons why victims have a hard time leaving abusive relationships
• Power tactics manipulators use to push their own agendas and justify their behavior
• Ways to redefine the rules of engagement between you and an abuser
• How to spot potential weaknesses in your character that can set you up for manipulation
• 12 tools for personal empowerment to help you maintain greater strength in all relationships
"Thank you for your book, In Sheep’s Clothing. My husband and I saw several counselors to help us through the problems we were having with my mother-in-law who is immature and manipulative. The counselors spent most of their time trying to get me [to accept her], instead of teaching me [as only your book did] ways to cope with her manipulation."
—Erin, online purchaser
Paperback • $16.95 • 978-1-935166-30-6
176 Pages @ 5.5” x 8.5”
E-book • $14.50 • 978-1-935166-31-3
George K. Simon, Jr., Ph.D., is a leading international authority on behaviors of manipulators and strategies for their victims. After thirty years of clinical practice, Dr. Simon has become a bestselling author and seminar leader on covert-aggressive personalities. His international bestseller, In Sheep’s Clothing: Understanding and Dealing With Manipulative People, translated into seven languages, and now in a new edition from Parkhurst Brothers Publishers, and his more comprehensive book, Character Disturbance: The Phenomenon of Our Age, are recommended by word of mouth and by experts. Find them at a bookstore or online retailer you frequent.